Undergraduate Honours Student Research
Students interested in more information on the Honours programs at Acadia should contact the individual department of interest to them. Links are provided below to departmental pages.
Students interested in more information on the Honours programs at Acadia should contact the individual department of interest to them. Links are provided below to departmental pages. The Graduate Studies webpage for Prospective students also lists research interests of faculty with interests in supervising graduate students.
Links to Departments offering Honours Programs:
Earth & Environmental Science (Environmental Geoscience, Environmental Science & Geology)
English and Theatre Studies
Environmental & Sustainable Studies
Languages & Literatures (French, German & Spanish)
History and Classics
Mathematics and Statistics
Any questions regarding regulations, deadlines, extensions, etc. should be directed to the Research & Graduate Studies Administrative Office at (902) 585-1498.
Honours Thesis Regulations.
IMPORTANT FORMATTING REQUIREMENTS: The inside binding edge must be at least 1.5”. The sections of the introductory pages, and each new chapter in the main body of the thesis and each new section that follows the main body of the thesis, will start on the right-hand page of your “book”. This may require inserting a blank page at the end of a section or chapter. Please refer to the Honours Thesis Regulations for complete formatting details.
- December 7, 2018 - Last day to receive honours thesis at the Research & Graduate Studies Office for external review for Fall Term. NOTE: You must submit a completed Thesis Checklist Form with your thesis at this time.
- December 20, 2018 - Last day to receive completed honours thesis at the Research & Graduate Studies Office and submit your electronic copy for Fall Term.
- March 25, 2019 - Last day to receive honours thesis at the Research & Graduate Studies Office for external review for Spring Term. NOTE: You must submit a completed Thesis Checklist Form with your thesis at this time.
- April 15, 2019 - Last day to receive completed honours thesis at the Research & Graduate Studies Office and submit your electronic copy for Spring Term.
2017-2018 Senate Honours Committee Chair: Dr. Matthew Lukeman (September 1, 2017 - August 31, 2018)
Important Documents and links
Honours Summer Research Awards (HSRA)
NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA)
Webster Undergraduate Research Awards
The Webster Undergraduate Research Awards have been made possible through the generous support of the R. Howard Webster Foundation. The Foundation makes grants to outstanding Canadian charitable organizations offering unique and inspiring programs or projects for the benefit, improvement, and development of Canadian society.
The Webster Undergraduate Research Awards are designed to support the engagement of Acadia’s most promising undergraduate Honours students in unique research work of their design. The Fund provides a total of $17,500 to support three awards ($5833 each) to Honours students in their 3rd year of study at Acadia University. Recipients are chosen from the applications for the Honours Summer Research Awards. One student from each Faculty is selected by the HSRA adjudication committee based on their academic record and the quality of their research grant application.
At the time the application is made, the student must:
- Be entering the final year of an Acadia University Honours Degree.
- Have a minimum 3.5 GPA as of January 2018.
- Have applied for a full time, 16 week Honours Summer Research Award