Undergraduate Honours Student Research
Students interested in more information on the Honours programs at Acadia should contact the individual department of interest to them. Links are provided below to departmental pages - some link to pages with specific Honours information provided, and others to home pages. Most departmental websites have "Contact Us" pages to make direct inquiries.
Students interested in more information on the Honours programs at Acadia should contact the individual department of interest to them. Links are provided below to departmental pages. The Graduate Studies webpage for Prospective students also lists research interests of faculty with interests in supervising graduate students.
Links to Departments offering Honours Programs:
Earth & Environmental Science (Environmental Geoscience, Environmental Science & Geology)
English and Theatre Studies
Environmental & Sustainable Studies
Languages & Literatures (French, German & Spanish)
History and Classics
Mathematics and Statistics
Any questions regarding regulations, deadlines, extensions, etc. should be directed to the Research & Graduate Studies Administrative Office at (902) 585-1498.
- December 1, 2017 - Last day to receive honours thesis at the Research & Graduate Studies Office for external review for Fall Term. NOTE: You must submit a completed Thesis Checklist Form with your thesis at this time.
- December 15, 2017 - Last day to receive completed honours thesis at the Research & Graduate Studies Office and submit your electronic copy for Fall Term.
- March 26, 2017 - Last day to receive honours thesis at the Research & Graduate Studies Office for external review for Spring Term. NOTE: You must submit a completed Thesis Checklist Form with your thesis at this time.
- April 16, 2017 - Last day to receive completed honours thesis at the Research & Graduate Studies Office and submit your electronic copy for SpringTerm.
2017-2018 Senate Honours Committee Chair: Dr. Matthew Lukeman (September 1, 2018 - August 31, 2018)
Important Documents and links
Request for Co-Authorship of Honours Thesis
Request for Extension of Honours Thesis Submission
Honours Thesis Regulations
Guidelines for External Readers
Senate Honours Research Committee
formatting outlined in the Honours Thesis Regulations
Honours Summer Research Awards (HSRA)
NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA)
Webster Undergraduate Research Awards
The Webster Undergraduate Research Awards have been made possible through the generous support of the R. Howard Webster Foundation. The Foundation makes grants to outstanding Canadian charitable organizations offering unique and inspiring programs or projects for the benefit, improvement, and development of Canadian society.
The Webster Undergraduate Research Awards are designed to support the engagement of Acadia’s most promising undergraduate Honours students in unique research work of their design. The Fund provides a total of $17,500 to support three awards each year to Honours students in their 3rd year of study at Acadia University. Recipients are chosen from the applications for the Honours Summer Research Awards. One student from each Faculty is selected by the HSRA adjudication committee based on their academic record and the quality of their research grant application.
At the time the application is made, the student must:
- Be in third year student towards an Acadia University Honours Degree.
- Have a minimum 3.5 CGPA as of January of their third year of study.
- Have applied for a full time, 16 week Honours Summer Research Award